Agri4D Conference 2019
Agenda 2030 focuses on eradicating poverty by 2030, and on “Leaving no one behind”. A crucial focus must be the rural poor who depend on agriculture and related services for their livelihoods.
We will face a tremendous pressure on the small-scale farming systems to produce more, and the question will be how to do this in a sustainable manner, and at the same time supporting those not able or ready to transform. The key challenge is therefore on how to raise productivity, while protecting the environment and supporting those losing out social support systems.
It is in this complex context that Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) and Swedish International Agriculture Network Initiative (SIANI) are organising the Agri4D Conference 2019. The main aim of the conference is to promote knowledge exchange for improved sustainability and resilience in food systems.
This is a two day event for researchers and professionals working with and/or interested in agriculture research for development. PhD students, senior scientists, experts from social, political, soils, crops, natural resources and animal science, economy, forestry, horticulture, veterinary medicine etc. are encouraged to participate.
For more information and registration visit SIANI’s website »
Wednesday 25 Sept
08.15 Registration and coffee
08.45 Welcome and opening
09.00 Keynote speeches
10.30 Coffee break
11.00 Keynote speeches
13.00 Poster session
14.00 Thematic sub-sessions and webinar
15.00-15.30 Coffee break
17.00 Reception (mingle)
Thursday 26 Sept
08.45 Thematic sub-sessions
10.00-10.30 Coffee break
12.45 Welcome to Day 2
13.00 Keynote speeches
14.30 Coffee break
15.00 Panel discussion with keynote speakers
16.00 Closing of the conference
- Paul Winters. Associate Vice-President a.i., Strategy and Knowledge Department of IFAD
- Laura Hammond. SOAS Food Studies Centre, University of London
- Fred M. Dzanku. Institute of Statistical, Social & Economic Research (ISSER), University of Ghana
- Moses Osiru. International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe), former member of RUFORUM; member steering committee AgriFoSe2030
- Lennart Olsson. Lund University. LUCSUS (Lund University Centre for Sustainability Studies).
- Rohana Subasinghe. Aquaculture Management and Conservation Service FAO Fisheries and Aquaculture Department
- Eric Malezieux. Director Agroecological functioning and Performances of horticultural systems research unit (CIRAD)
Almas allé 10
SLU Campus Ultuna, Uppsala